Digital Cinema/Video Production
Charlotte "Sista C" Ferrell's entry into the digital cinema-video production world has been an eclectic journey. While working as a Health Promotion Consultant to an international health agency, she helped create and co-produce, "Your Public Health", a cable TV show with interviews and health information digests. In collaboration with Dr. Marion Moore, a popular sex education columnist and co-researcher at the University of Toronto, she created brochures and audio-visual resources around the theme, "Could Your Sex Life Stand an Affair with Nutrition?"
A career-altering motor vehicle accident propelled her to Los Angeles where her "fairy godmother", actress Virginia Capers, helped her rebuild her memory and confidence through performing classical African American poetry with Lafayette Players West. This morphed into becoming a featured spoken word artist using mixed media as part of SoulVisions Front Line Poets. Upon losing her mother to ovarian cancer she was moved to work with a filmmaker to create a video poem, "Praising Your Spirit, Mama". In response to L.A’s escalating gang violence, she collaborated with jazz axman, Hilliard Wilson, and animator, Jim Cleveland, and created "Lord Please Help the Children", which won 3rd place in a San Francisco Cin(e)Poety festival.
After what seemed like an eternity of deferring her dream of becoming a filmmaker, Charlotte took the AARP "Reinvent Yourself" Challenge, and not only enrolled at the Art Institute of CA-Hollywood, but graduated with honors in their Digital Cinema/Video Production program. This supplemented her prior experience with hands-on opportunities to learn contemporary scriptwriting, lighting, electronic field reporting, set design, broadcasting production, editing and promotion.
Frequently she served as team leader or associate producer for such projects as:
- Creating, "The Kids Have It", a cute 3-minute consumer awareness film on electrical energy use as an entry for a national PSA competition.
- Assisting the Santa Monica AI campus in creating 100 beta entertainment TV segments with a variety of interviews and musical performances.
- Writing, Directing and Producing two short films that have won laurels in film festivals: "One Score and 17 Nights" – a homeless man emerges as a Good Samaritan. And, "Sisters Out of The Box" - two sisters learn to draw upon friends, family values and forgiveness at the brink of a home loss.
Beyond showing up with a camera and a mic, Charlotte’s services include:
- Listening and consulting on how you want 'you' or your product "to be seen on a screen"
- Planning phases or segments for unfolding your complete video/movie project
- Crafting and recording create effective sound bites for interviews or use in social media
- Reviewing your budget to ensure that essential creative elements are covered
- Assembling the right crew to "film/video" your event, commercial or movie and complete it through editing, sound mix, etc.
Through Charlotte Ferrell and Associates you will work with professionals experienced with all kinds of cameras, from DSLRs through TV studio cameras and the versatile Panasonics, Cannons, and related equipment. If you simply need help making the best project possible with phone cameras and "pop-up" studios, they're experienced with that too. Are you ready to be seen on a screen? Call (310)562-6889 today or submit a quote request with your email.